CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Minnesota Feis

Irish Fair-August 2009

Yesterday was the Minnesota Feis! A Feis is an irish dance competition. I did pretty good.
Here's what I got:

Reel: 5th
Slip Jig: nothing
Treble Jig: 3rd
Hornpipe: 1st!

In irish dance, you do multiple dances. The Reel, Slip Jig, Treble Jig, and Hornpipe are all different dances with different tempos! The Reel and Slip Jig are soft shoe dances (no sound) and the Treble Jig and Hornpipe are hard shoe dances (like a tap shoe).
My 1st in the Hornpipe is brought me one step closer to PC. (prelim Championship) All I need now is the Slip Jig..........(I won my Reel and Treble Jig before)

5 comments:

  1. How many more firsts do you need for Pre-Champ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need the slip jig. i never place there, so it will be a while........
    you need slip jig and hornpipe, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i mean i don't place in the slip jig as much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need my Slipjig and Hornpipe. I think I will do better now that I have a new Hormpipe step. I keep almost placing 1st in the Slipjig but then placing 2nd. I need a new solo dress and more "attack" in my steps as my teacher says. By the way, Good luck at Oireachtas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks. one of my friends from dance has too much attack, she should give it to you!

    ReplyDelete